Thursday 1 January 2009

Song for Tim

So hear we go - humour is the order of the day. But so too is love. And so I thought I'd share with you this song that I wrote for my housemate Tim a couple of months back when I saw him studying in level three of the library as I was on my way to the toilet. It was such a pleasant surprise that I almost fell over the cleaner's bin. For those of you not in the know, it's based on a song entitled 'Beautiful Girl', by 'Flight of the Conchords'. Enjoy...

Looking round house,
I can tell that you
Are the most intelligent guy in the... downstairs bedroom.
In the downstairs bedroom.
Oooh.

And when you're in the lounge,
If Karen's not around,
I bet you are definitely in the top three
Bestest of mates in the lounge
(If there's no Soph)

And when I saw you in the library
I thought what...is...he...doing...
On Level 3
How did we get a genius like that to a library like this -
Good one Bath!!!
Ohhhh what a uni, Bath!

I asked the librarian if she's going to make a move on you,
She's not sure,
I said "lady do you mind if I do?".
She says she doesn't mind
but I can tell she kinda minds
but I'm gonna do it anyway.

I see you sitting all alone sitting in silent mode
I dim the noise down very low, here we go
You're so intelligent
You could be a historian
You're so intelligent
You could be a physicist in the US
You're so intelligent
You could be a part...time...economist

And then to seal the deal
I do my maths,
I do my A-level maths

It's twelve oh two
Just me and you
And seven other dudes
Around you in the silent study

I draw you near
Let's get outta here.
Let's get on Al's scooter
I'll move the wireless router!

Now I can't believe
That I'm sharing my internet with the most intelligent guy I have ever seen
With a router
Ooooooohhh.

Why don't we leave?
Let's go to my house and we can foos each other up on the table
Oh no. I don't mind taking it slow-ho-ho, no-ho-ho, yeah (10-1).

Cause you're so intelligent
Like a TV
Or a high-class dolphin
You're so intelligent
Mmm, you could be a part-time economist.

But you'd probably have to keep your auditing job -
A part-time economist!
Spending part of your time, modelling (econometrics),
and part of your time, next to meeeeeeeeee!

My kitchen is usually tidier than this...

No comments: