Saturday 28 March 2009

Daylight robbery! (OK, that's the wrong phrase...)

I've just found out that the clocks go forward tonight - not happy!

Is it the case that to know these things you have to watch TV or listen to the radio? Maybe our clocks should automatically correct so when we wake up no-one realises what's happened, think everything's gone on as normal, and then spend the next few days wondering why we all feel so tired. Maybe whoever's in charge could mix it about a bit and there'd be a sweepstake on when it's going to happen? If they just announced that we're no longer changing the clocks and went for this new secretive method I think it could work. Then one day someone would find out (although who is really awake at 1 in the morning who wouldn't be able to shrug it off as a drunken lapse - "I could have swarn it was 5-to-1 a minute ago. Oh well....").

Seriously though, can't we get a letter from the Met Office or Gordon Brown or someone just to let us know in case it slips past. I could have been late for Church (well - later...). Maybe in this day and age we could get a note from Twitter (I don't really know what this is to be honest) or a message on Facebook, just to let us know. One day...

This week I'm off to New Word Alive in Wales (hence the need for sleep) which should prove to be a refreshing, challenging and strengthening week. I'll aim to feed back some thoughts on my return. I'm straight off to Bradford from Wales to sort out things for next year, including an interview for Transform and hopefully a meeting with someone from Christians Against Poverty, and then back home to Worthing to see the family.

Hope you all have a great and meaningful Easter.

No comments: